Friday, July 13, 2012

Friday Statements and Five Questions



This week’s statements:
1. My day always starts by ____

2. I prefer ___ to ____
3. I never thought I’d __________ until I __________
4. I wish I could ________ for ________________.

1.  My day always starts by taking my thyroid pill.  I have Hashimoto's, which means my thyroid is completely inactive.  I have to take my pill one hour before I consume any food.  If I don't take it as soon as my feet hit the floor it doesn't work for me.

2.  I prefer being cold to being hot.  Fall and Winter are my favorite seasons.  I can always layer clothes, but I find it difficult to stay cool.  Could have a lot to do with my thyroid...

3.  I never thought I'd miss the Marine Corps until I retired and realized how great a life it was.  It's something that cannot be replaced in my life and I can't go back to it. 

4.  I wish I could have the ability The Mentalist does for one week.  I can't imagine how wonderful it would be to have his skill.  I know he's not real, but I'm certain there are people like him.  Do they come by it naturally or is something they learn?



1. What's your view on men wearing sandals (yay or nay)?I'm not a fan.  Flip flops or the athletic slides are fine, but no sandals.

2. What song do you love but are embarrassed to admit?

Hmm, I like so many different genre's of music that really anything I listen to I am not embarrassed by.

3. What summer camp should they make for moms?
Time management.  I think that's one thing we all could use more of.  Planning ahead makes life so much easier, especially when dealing with kids and schedules. 

4. What is the most romantic song? (Not necessarily your favorite or your wedding song...)

"Everything I Do (I Do It For You)" by Bryan Adams. 

5. Do you have an embarrassing pregnancy story?

I was in the delivery room.  My feet were in stirrups wating for the doctor to come in.  The room had double doors with windows in each door.  Naturally my legs were open TOWARDS those double doors.  As I am lying there, a crowd of interns shows up.  The double doors are opened wide and a doctor is standing in front of a crowd of about 12 interns.  He's explaining something to them.  All I can remember is lying there with my legs wide open. 

2 comments:

  1. We should do something to trade; I'll take your hot days and you get my cold ones! The irony is that you're in the slightly warmer part of our great state and I'm in the slightly colder part!

    Can non-moms come to Time Management Camp too? please??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course you can come to Time Management camp! The more the merrier!

    ReplyDelete