Friday, October 28, 2011

Cure

In the Marine Corps we used to have a saying, "There's no cure like SECURE".  That means nothing cures an unmotivated Marine like telling him it's libo time!  That's the way I feel this morning.  I'm sitting at work and all I can think about is getting off work.  I'm so ready for the weekend.  I'm so ready for my husband to be off the road.  He called this morning and is in Texarkana.  So next milestone is Little Rock, then Memphis.  He's about had it with the two cats.  They sleep all day and at night when he's trying to sleep they wander the cab and won't leave him alone.  They also aren't using the litter box very well so that's causing him some grief.  It can't be soon enough for his trip to over and done with.

I didn't crochet a stitch last night.  Although I really wanted to and I think it would have helped me relax.  I've been having terrible night's sleep and really bad restless leg syndrome.  When we are all moved in and our bed is up and I can really relax I am going to take some Benadryl and with luck get a full 8 hours sleep. 

Went up and saw the girls last night.  They are doing really well and Cheyenne seems to be loving the hay where as Dolly has been a bit more picky.  Last night the owner tossed Dolly two flakes of some lovely hay and she couldn't get enough so I'm hoping she's found what she likes.  Dolly has gained some weight.  Cheyenne needs a little more going into winter.  I have no doubt the owners will get her there.  They are wonderful people.  I feel very lucky the girls are in such good hands. 

I have been thinking of another granny square afghan lately - just sort of visualizing it in my head.  I love doing them when the mood hits me.  I've got one in mind using black - of all colors.  So we shall see if something comes of that.  Otherwise it will be working hard on scarves, hats and dishcloths for the craft sale December 10th. 

SONG OF THE BLOG:  "Honey Bee" by Blake Shelton

No comments:

Post a Comment