Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Get Ready! Set! STOP!!!

My DH got less than ten miles from the house and had to turn around.  Seems he had no brakes on the truck.  He went to a good friend's house and called the rental company who sent out a mechanic.  The first thing they said was you'll need to move into another truck.  My DH told him unless you're bringing over a working party to unload and load another truck that is not happening.  Well they aren't doing that so they are going to fix the problem.  Seems the brake line rusted out.  With luck he will be on the road today at noon.  This sets us back a day for his arrival and our move in - at least that's what we are thinking. 

No crochet last night.  In fact I was rather bored last night.  With no furniture I find it very difficult to get comfortable to crochet.  My air mattress doesn't provide the right support so I slip down when I try to lean against the wall.  I was frustrated trying so I settled for Sudoku.  Finally fell asleep and woke up at 2.  I thought I wouldn't be able to fall back to sleep but I finally did.  Then this morning I was actually out of the house on my way to work EARLY and I thought I was doing so good on time until I took a detour in search of a grocery for some breakfast and ended up all twisted around. 

Okay, enough whining from me.  Here is a cute pic of my kitties traveling in the rental before he had to turn around.  The DH said they were quite content to ride like this. 
Not the safest way for them to travel but it sure beats their constant meows and clawing at the cage door.  He said he'll take his chances with them this way.

SONG OF THE BLOG:  "Cat Scratch Fever" by Ted Nugent

1 comment:

  1. How cute! They look like they are enjoying the ride. What rotten luck with the truck! I hope he can get on the road soon. I didn't do anything crocheting or knitting last night. My right hand is hurting so bad because of all the typing I'm doing at work. I did find a knitting pattern for a new hat so I'll start on that tonight. Hope your day goes well!

    ReplyDelete