Thursday, October 6, 2011

Thursday

Not a very creative title for today, but I'm not feeling very creative.  I have a lot on my mind; specifically my horses ship tomorrow.  Needless to say I am nervous and anxious about their long trip.  They will arrive Monday evening and I feel the urge to spend the night with them.  That, of course, is silly because it's a barn and an old icky barn at that.  They are being quarantined from the other barn population for two weeks and the quarantine barn isn't the most desirable.  It's dark and very different from anything they are used to so I will want to reassure them that they are okay and now with me.  I will be happy when they are moved (after two weeks) to the big barn with other horses. 

I did manage to finish the beanie last night and silly me, I didn't snap a pic of it.  I will tonight for sure.  I like the way it turned out, although the open stitch pattern because of the triple isn't my favorite.  I prefer a tighter stitch so I will need to experiment further.  I am working now on a matching scarf for my cousin.  I guess he really loves his beanies and scarves during the cold winter months. 

I am enjoying reading your blogs and looking at your projects.  It never ceases to amaze me how creative you ladies can be.  You all should be very proud of your work! 

I am having difficulties posting on some of your blogs.  I get an error when I try to post as a user with a Google Account. So I must resort to posting using a name and URL.  Not sure what is up with this.  I even had to comment on my own blog using this method.  Does anyone know how to resolve this?  On one blog (I can't remember which) I was able to use my Google Account with no problems whatsoever.  I'd appreciate the help.

I will be staying with my Mom next week.  She lives closer to where the horses are going to be, but further from my work.  After work each day I will be driving up to see the horses to make sure they are alright so my Mom suggested I stay with her.  She said she will have sandwiches ready for me and do my laundry to help me out.  How can I resist? 

There's not quite enough coffee for me this morning.  I'm going to have to go grab another cup and try to focus!  Hope you all enjoy your Thursday.

SONG OF THE BLOG:  "Second Chance" by Shinedown.

No comments:

Post a Comment