Thursday, December 22, 2011

With Every Season

This morning I am feeling a bit melancholy.  It's nothing in particular that has me feeling this way.  Could be the season.  Could be a lot of things.  I am thankful for everything and everyone in my life and I know I don't say that nearly enough - to God or even to myself.  Yesterday I saw a post on a site that said, "Imagine if you woke up this morning with only what you had thanked God for the night before."  That started me thinking about things.....  First off it was the material things but as the day wore on it started to really hit me.  The material things flew by the way side and I started to imagine not having the use of my hands to crochet or my eyes to see all the beauty of this world.  And my hearing -- a world without music?  Then last night I learned that a very good friend's wife is in Hospice now and how she was trying to hold on through Christmas for the sake of her little ones - all five of them.  I thought to myself, "What greater wish is there than that of life spent with loved ones?" 

I finished up the parts to my daughter's scarf whilst watching yet another Christmas movie.  I have no doubt those things (On Lifetime no doubt) also do wonders to make a person think and put life's priorities in order.  I'm excited to put the pieces together for her scarf.  Just hope she likes it! 

Hoping today is a short one at work.  We are all restless and not very productive.  With luck I'd like to be gone by 12!  We shall see!

SONG OF THE BLOG:  "Do You Hear What I Hear?" by Carrie Underwood.  She does an amazing job on this song.  Love it.

1 comment:

  1. Very thought provoking. When I catch myself whining too much about an ache or a pain, I stop and say "Thank you Lord that I have an arm that can hurt." This is a very good reminder, thank you!

    ReplyDelete