Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Wet Wednesday

This morning we woke up to a light rain.  I would have given anything to have been able to stay home today.  Not because I don't like getting out in the rain, but because I would just rather be home than at work.  Right now I am struggling with work.  I'm a person that enjoys staying busy and feeling like I contribute.  In this job I don't get either.  I mostly sit in my little corner and do my own thing.  My boss will come around once in awhile or drop me an IM asking me to schedule a meeting or look into a financial matter.  When I do actually work it's nothing that can be measured.  Then people remind me how lucky I am to have this great job and I am thankful for what I get paid.  So I am sitting here today wishing I were home.

We are continuing to put things up on the freshly painted walls.  The house is coming together but I have to admit I feel very rushed by the DH.  He seems to not really care where things go - he just wants them up. 

I finished up my daughter's scarf last night save for the fringe.  I will hopefully start my neice's frilly scarf in red and black tonight. 

SONG OF THE BLOG:  "Rescue Me" by DAUGHTRY

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean! I had to go back to work 4 yrs ago after being home for two. For the first three years it was ok, but lately, it's been a real struggle. I want to be home. Work interferes with my crochet and knitting and my reading. It's a necessary thing though. I am grateful to have my job or we wouldn't have a home. Can't wait to see a pic of the finished scarf!

    ReplyDelete