Friday, December 2, 2011

Bad

I'm going to admit it right now - I'm a bad girl.  I like bad boys.  I enjoy riding my Harley fast and drinking.  Not at the same time.  I like a good shot of Crown or JD.  I like men that are themselves and enjoy life.  I like the ones that slide into Heaven bruised and bloodied.  So why did I marry a good guy?  LOL

This morning I woke up at my usual time (5:30) and rather than getting out of bed I laid there and fell back to sleep.  Something I never do.  So as you can imagine that changed my entire morning routine and luckily I don't have a set time to be at work.  I came strolling in at 8:30 this morning (after a stop at Starbucks, of course).  It was nice that my co-workers were happy to see me.  I have this love/hate relationship with my current job.  I'm a contractor and honestly, I don't enjoy the job itself at all.  It's just not busy enough for me.  But the people I get to see on Monday, Thursday and Friday make it better somehow. 

I finished up the purple and gold scarf last night and as I was doing so I really sort of hit a wall.  For some reason I couldn't get the ends to look right.  Does anyone have a really good picture or instructions on how to tie off and weave in ends??  I'd appreciate it. 

It's chilly again this morning and there was frost on the ground making it look a little like snow.  I kept thinking how wonderful it will be when there is snow on the ground.  We are going to decorate the outside of the house this weekend.  We aren't getting our tree until the 12th.  The DH opened up a few more boxes and found some really cool stuff we had packed away in 2007.  It's so neat seeing these things we put away knowing one day in Ohio we'd open them again.  Now I just need to figure out where everything is going!!

I will start another scarf tonight in two shades of pink.  I'm thinking I'll use the V stitch as it looks feminine and gives the yarn texture.  If I finish that one I'll start another using purple and ???  Not sure what color I will add to the next one.  Perhaps another shade of purple...hmmmm.....

SONG OF THE DAY:  "Drink in my Hand" by Eric Church

2 comments:

  1. I don't drink, often, but I love driving my car FAST. I am a speed demon! Especially on curvy windy roads. I know what you mean!

    Try a pale lavender with the purple. I love pale and dark purples together. Have fun decorating. We did that, except for putting the orniments on the tree, last weekend. I hope to get the tree decorated tonight after the parade. My youngest is on the Girl Scout float and my oldest is marching with the band. Thankfully, the parade route takes them right by our home so I can just go out in the yard and watch them go by!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the feedback. I am going to use pale lavendar with the purple. Looks striking and I'm thinking of adding a crocheted snowflake! That's so cool you get to sit in your own yard to watch the parade. Did that already happen??

    ReplyDelete