Thursday, December 1, 2011

Whimsical and deep in thought

"Every time I see your face, my heart takes off on a high speed chase"  That line gets me every time.  No matter how many times I have heard that song when I hear this line my mind is yanked from whatever else it's concentrating on and submerged into the danger zone.  It's truly a love/hate relationship and although it's often painful I cannot let go.  Not yet.  One day, maybe..  But I wouldn't place any bets on that happening. 

It's winter here in Ohio.  This morning the temperature driving in was 25*.  I actually did a double take when I saw it just to make sure I wasn't dreaming.  The crisp morning air felt amazing and I could have stayed out in it - happy as can be.  To be forced into the over heated building where I work is almost too much to bear.  Alas I am reminded (especially on days like today - payday) why I stay working and the goals we have set.  No, money isn't everything, but right now it's a means to an end.  That end can't happen unless I make it so. 

After work I had my two hour massage. The therapist was alright; a bit too chatty for me and she wasn't crazy about the idea of me simply lying on the table while she did the work.   She wanted me to participate in the massage by breathing at certain times.  "Deep breath in; hold, hold..."  That wasn't what I wanted but because of my demeanor I let it go.  Eventually I fell asleep on her - the one thing she didn't want. Oh well. She did, however, get out many tight spots and released some tension not only in my neck and shoulders, but also in my arms.  As a crocheter I often forget just how much muscles work when I crochet.  She found some very tender spots along the tops of my arm towards the elbow.  The massage was good and I do feel better after it, but next time I'm going to indicate I do not want to be part of the whole process other than it's my body they are working on. 

Last night I worked for a bit on the purple/gold scarf for the sale.  I finished up the base and now I need to tie off and weave in the ends and add the fringe.  I'm already thinking about my next scarf.  Pinks - for my Mom's neighbors.  They are a nice family and Mom and two girls are getting a scarf.  I'm also going to make one for the Dad.  I asked Mom to find out their favorite colors and one of the girls likes pink.  So I'm thinking shades of pink for her scarf.  The second girl likes purple with anything.  That leaves much in the way of possibilities.  I just need to find that right combo.  The one also likes pink, but I'm going to take it a bit further with hers....  Dad gets a black and blue scarf to match his black beanie. 

"Fallin In" by Lifehouse

1 comment:

  1. Glad you are feeling better, massages are always good for that. That's one thing I like about my massage therapist, besides she my friend, is that she does not require any participation, unless you have a sore spot you want her to work on. I can nearly go to sleep on her table and she will let you sleep for about 15 mins if you do.

    I too love the crisp air. Fall is one of my favorite times of the year.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete