Wednesday, February 15, 2012


coloradolady

While browsing for new and fun blogs I came across this one and I love this idea!!  You all know how crazy I am about the SONG OF THE BLOG, so this question really hit home for me.  You can find the Coloradolady here.  I've just joined in Week 7, and here is this week's question:

What songs bring you back to really great moments in your life?
There might not be enough internet space to cover this question for me.  I have so many songs that make up my life.  But I'll cut you all a break and try and find only a small amount.  :)

1.  Mama Tried - Merle Haggard.  Growing up my musical tastes differed from my friends.  I loved bluegrass and country.  Although rock and pop were okay, I preferred the former.  This song was on an 8 track my parents had.  For some reason it resonated who I was to be.  A rebel.

2.  Trip Through Your Wires - U2.  Huge U2 fan, I would drift from country to U2 every other song.  This song always made me feel edgy and reminds me of when I decided to join the MC. 

3.  Be Like That - 3 Doors Down.  I had this song played at my retirement ceremony from the Marine Corps. 

4.  Brandy (You're A Fine Girl) - Looking Glass.  I love this song for many reasons and every time I hear it I am reminded of a time when someone I loved was out of reach and yet I still carried the torch. 

Your turn!!  Link back to coloradolady and follow her instructions!!

No comments:

Post a Comment