Monday, February 6, 2012

Browsing

I've been doing a lot of browsing this morning through blogs.  I found someone (Melissa from Lazy Daisy Crochet) that was giving out awards and she listed a bunch of really good ones.  It's always fun to read blogs.  I don't like feeling rushed and today has been a good day to read at my leisure and even follow a couple of new ones.  If you get a chance, check out her list. 

I started and finished up a pastic bag holder for our own mud room.  We have so many bags - this holder barely holds a 5th of them.  My DH refuses to toss any out.  Anyway, I used a bunch of leftover cotton yarn from my stash and I think it came out alright.  He's going to hang a hook for it next to the other supplies for the litter box. 

The DH took this pic so sorry it's not a good closeup that would show you the detail and construction.  I've used this same sort of pattern before and it seems to work well for me.  I don't have it written down; just in my head. 

I have been continuing to work on the brown/cream scrap.  It's coming together and seems to flow alright.  No pics of it - sorry.  I'll snap a few tonight while I am working on it.  I'm also working on a braided scarf for a special order off the Etsy site.  I hope to have that finished by week's end for her. 

No word on the barn.  We went up to see the girls on Saturday and they both looked great and seemed to doing very well.  Friday I will be with them while they are getting their feet done.  I'm looking forward to it.  Poor Dolly has a knot in her mane-something I would never leave unattended normally.  With luck I'll be able to work it out Friday.  I usually roach her mane completely and will probably do so when the girls are in our backyard.  Her mane grows out so nice when I do that.  I have saved her mane hoping to find a craft to use it for, but to date no luck.  Suggestions??

3 comments:

  1. The bag holder looks great. About the mane - maybe just braid it and then attach crocheted flowers and stuff - that might be nice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like your bag holder. I have one too because we like to recycle them for the bathroom cans and the cat boxes. Glad the horses are doing well, no idea about the horse hair, try googling it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just saw a woman on tv who crochets purses out of her persian cats fur. So maybe horse mane crochet? lol

    ReplyDelete