Monday, February 13, 2012

Barns!

Today has been a very exciting day!!  The one side of the barn (run in) was delivered today.  The DH and I spent the weekend talking about one of their barns they had built for sale and after some thinking we decided to buy it as well.  It was also delivered!  Here is an updated photo of the back of our property NOW with the barns in place.  I know it's hard to picture right now, but eventually there will be an identical building like the red one.  The openings will face each.  There will be a 12 foot breezeway.  My DH will put a roof joining the two buildings.  The premade building will be our tack shed and temporary hay storage/feed room.  The DH will put a porch on it, add a couple of windows and power.  For the time being (until we get the $ for the second half) the horses will have pipe corrals running from the opening outward behind the tack shed.  The DH will put stall walls up along with stall doors to block the cold/rain.  This is an amazing day!!!



I spent time this weekend crocheting the braided scarf.  Here are some pics of the colors she chose.  I will finish up the scarf, braid it and then take pics for the her to see if it's what she had in mind.  I'm just not convinced the colors look different enough.  What do you think? 

Granted, this isn't in sun light but taken lying across my chaise where I do most of my crocheting.  Perhaps outside it will look completely different?

SONG OF THE BLOG:  "Star Spangled Banner" by Whitney Houston.  I have rarely heard anyone do justice to this song.  She did.  RIP Ms. Houston.

3 comments:

  1. WOOHOO!!! I'm so glad you got part of your barn! The scarf is looking very good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the scarf it looks so different to the everyday run of the mill type patterns,, Great in so many colours too :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks FoFo and Pattas! I finally finished the scarf and will post pics on today's post. : )

    ReplyDelete