Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Step Up to the Plate

I'm not sure why some people are afraid to take ownership in life.  Whether it's their own personal life, work, etc.  I find it especially annoying in the work area.  If you are being paid to do a job then by golly - do it!  I find that most of the time people are looking for a leader.  In meetings I attend it's easy from the very beginning if the meeting has a leader or if it's just a free for all.  Free for all = nonproductive.  There's a part of me that wants to step up when others do not.  However, I have to remember a couple of things. 

1.  I'm not getting paid to do that.  It's not always about the money.  It's about the position I've been hired to do.  Taking the leader role isn't in my pervue and especially not when someone who is supposed to be the leader is present.

2. If I do step up I have to be ready to follow it through - to the very end.  This could mean I get a lot more responsibility and headaches.

3.  Some things are just not under my control.  I have to allow that to happen because otherwise the gaps won't be discovered and fixed.

Now that I have that out of the way....  I found a cool thing on another blog.  I wish I had seen this on March 1, but I'm not going to let that stop me.  I am going to start with Day 1 today...or tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment