Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Super Tuesday

This has been a very ... interesting week and it's only Tuesday!  Yesterday was a bizarre day at work.  It was a day for things that never happen, happening.  Luckily they were small things and nothing critical - just annoying.  I will be happy when this week is over. Not to wish my life away, but just so I can get this crazy week done and over.

Last night I gave a crochet lesson to a beginner.  I was nervous about it because as many times as I have talked about crocheting I haven't really been a "teacher" of crochet.  All the way home I was talking to myself about what to say.  I don't think I did a great job, but my student seemed to think so.  I sent her home with 3 balls of yarn and a hook and the ability to chain stitch and do a single crochet.  Next time we'll do HDC and DC.  It's all about tension and rhthym, don't you think? 

I wish I could crochet all day long. 

2 comments:

  1. It's been a stressful week for me as well. It's end of the month so there are always added tasks. I was looking forward to sit and stitch on Friday however, I now have an eye appt so I won't get to go. I'm thinking I'll go Thurs night because my ys is open late. I'm sure you were a great teacher. I wish I could knit and crochet all day too. I'm working on a sweater and am stuck so I can't go any further until I go to knit and stich and get it fixed! Hope the rest of your week goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could too. I bet you were great, be easy on yourself. She will love crochet because you do.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete