Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Farmhouse Porch Chat #78

 
Another Farmhouse Porch Chat with the gang over at Everyday Rurality!  Go check them out for some great conversation and fun!
 
Questions
  1. Have you ever been on a boat? (Motor boat, sail boat, cruise ship, ark, or Good Ship Lollipop)
  2. Do you need an alarm to wake up in the morning, or do you wake up naturally? If you have an alarm, tell us what type.
  3. Have you ever had a yard sale?
  4. Do you like kitchen gadgets? What are some of your favorite?
  5. Do you read labels at the grocery store?
1.  I have been on a few boats.  Out on the water isn't my favorite place to be although it can be fun and relaxing.  My favorite memories of boating is on trips to Lake Havasu.  Our friends have a small boat and we could zip across the lake into the channel or into the cove for a day of fun!

2.  After so many years in the military and waking up early I have an internal alarm.  I don't need one, but I set my iPhone just in case I oversleep.  Right now the alarm plays the song "5-1-5-0" by Dierks Bentley.  :)

3.  We have had a couple of garage sales and I find them really annoying.  I am not good at dealing with "customers" because they want something for nothing.  The last one we had in CA I put out a set of dishes I no longer used.  It was a complete set, stacked nicely in a box and I think it was marked $15.  A lady actually asked me if I had the set in a different color.  Uhm, hello?  This is a yard sale, not Pier 1.  Then she decided since I only had it in the one color I should sell it for $5.  Needless to say she left without the dishes.

4.  I do not care for kitchen gadgets.  I'm not big on cooking anything other than ordinary dishes for me and DH.  We are simple people and don't need fancy gadgets. 

5.  I very rarely do. 


2 comments:

  1. I had similar experiences at my yard sale. Sometimes when I go to one, I think the people having them think they're Norstroms. I have seen things that I think I could get cheaper at the store. Those folks will usually say, "But I paid $$ for it." Blah! I do like boats, but it's been a long tie for me. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. liked your yard sale story, sounded like a here's your sign moment :)

    ReplyDelete