Tuesday, June 19, 2012

It's Not An Hallucination

Yes, I am really posting.  Wow, has it been that long since I was in touch?  Time sure flies.  And sadly, I've not been having much fun.  I am going to try and catch up with everyone's blogs.  Not making any promises.  I hope you are all doing well and I look forward to reading what you've been working on and what your lives have been filled with the past 2 months or so...

I'm not going to run on here, but I do want to tell you about my most recent ... revolution.  I am no longer speaking to my mother.  It seems as if she has very horrible and nasty things to say about me and my husband, who she absolutely HATES.  No kidding.  She and I have gotten into two loud an unpleasant fights over the phone and to be honest, I am done.  I do not need THAT in my life.  At first I was really sad about moving here and it was killing me as to if I were happy about being here.  I started to think we had made a terrible mistake.  However, the DH and I really like it here and it's nice being around other family members.  So although I never say never, I'm going to say that if I never see her again that's fine with me. 

We are putting fencing up starting Thursday.  Not a lot, but enough for a small pasture for the girls.  We are so excited!  We will do more as money permits.  I am still looking for the perfect permanent job.  Fingers crossed and prayers please! 

I did sell two blankets through my Etsy store.  The white and cream ribbed blanket and then I got a special order from a woman in Canada for one similar to the gold and navy one I have listed.  Only she wants it a lot bigger.  She didn't flinch at the cost and shipping, nor at the request for 1/2 up front.  I will be starting that this weekend with a deadline of 2 months. 

Okay, that's it for now.  Hope to hear from you all soon! 

2 comments:

  1. Ah parents.....aren't they just something. My 88 year old Father blames me that my Mother is in a nursing home. Parental love is just the best isn't it? Sending you a big hug, hang in there.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Meredith. It's been a real struggle and very painful to be honest. Nothing like hearing the worst things you've ever heard from anyone come from your own mother. We've not ever been super close, but as I re-valuate my life I can see why it was no surprise I left town early. We have a better relationship that way. Now I don't think it can ever be the same. I'm sad about it but I am not depressed about it. Nor am I going to allow it to destroy my happiness.

    ReplyDelete