Tuesday, January 14, 2014

When is enough, enough?

Driving in to work this morning I started feeling like I would have rather been anywhere else but driving to work. I get this way sometimes. Maybe it's the hour and fifteen minute commute I have each way? Maybe it's that my job isn't really where I would like to be? Maybe it's that I feel like I'm wasting my time. Maybe, just maybe, it's all of the above. Have you ever felt like you were destined for something more? Something greater? Something better? And by "better" I think I mean better by me. My better might not be someone else's better. I don't have to be famous to be better than I am right now. I just have to feel better inside. Better about what I do, how I do it and living life how I always planned. With that in mind I consider my job as a means to an end. It's not long term. It's not for much longer. After that I can be who I feel I am supposed to be. That person is inside, waiting for the chance to "be". A friend of mine told me they were heading out to ride their Harley one day when we were texting. I told them they were lucky. My friend replied, "No luck involved. It's a choice." How much of life is choice and not luck? Do something you love and you'll never work a day in your life. Hmmm, I think I lost that somewhere along the way. Between paying bills and making ends meet I traded my soul for a job. Which is why I crochet with unbridled passion, I suppose. I create with my hands because 10 hours a day they are tied doing something they'd prefer to not have to do. I suppose it's all about what you want and what you need. How much is enough?

2 comments:

  1. Girl that is just plain scarey. I feel the same way some days. I had that feeling this morning. I did not want to go to work at all and I once I got there all I wanted was to go home. Work is a means to an end. One day when I can get my home paid for and have my bills other bills to almost nil I want to not to have to work anymore. I want to be able to travel and to knit and to do nothing at all if I want. My house will be paid off in 6 years if I stay on track and that's exactly what I intend to do. Here's to being able to realize our dreams!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment. I think all of this comes out at times when I feel like I'm not getting enough pleasure in my life. I haven't ridden my horse in months and crocheting is limited to an hour or so in the evenings watching TV. I would really prefer not having an hour commute, but that's just not an option until our debt is gone. March 2017 is my goal. :)

    ReplyDelete