Tuesday, April 9, 2013

The power of positive thinking



Lately my DH has been making me crazy with his negativity.  He's normally a negative person, although he will tell you he's a realist.  He believes in hoping for the best but preparing for the worst.  I beg to differ.  When I am at my wits end with him I tend to shut down and simply not engage in his negative banter.  That, of course, makes him question me which inevitably leads to a "discussion" about his negativity, er...realistic point of view.  No kidding; he's the type of person that if a dump truck filled with money pulled into our driveway and dumped the entire load on our driveway he would complain because it wasn't stacked and counted.  My outlook is completely different which often times leaves us at a disagreement.  Me, being the Libra, will often "give in" and not continue the discussion to the point of nauseum.  He's also notorious for beating a dead horse.  I mean, really beating it.  I didn't want this to turn into a DH bashing.  Honestly.  Just at times his overbearing and seemingly endless rants do get to me.   I just want to scream at him to STFU.  Is it any wonder I crave "me" time? 

So tonight I get a little of that - me time.  I'm staying in town tonight so I get a quiet hotel room all to myself.  I'm having dinner with my sister at Cheesecake Factory, too, so double bonus! 


The temperatures have warmed up considerably.  In fact, so much that a jacket is not required. Tomorrow is actually supposed to be in the 80's.  Our property is drying up nicely and with the DH's work adding up we will be able to start more pasture, the paddock and hay barn very soon.  We rode the horses on Saturday.  It was a nice, albeit short ride.  The girls seemed happy to be out and about. 
As always, I am keeping with the power of positive thinking.  No negative vibes my way, please!

4 comments:

  1. My husband is kind of like that too. I call him the 'Rain Man' because he rains on my parade a lot. Have a nice evening with your sister. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment and for sharing. It's nice to know my DH isn't the only one like this. :)

      Delete
  2. I totally understand. My husband is negative and loud. If he drops a piece of lettuce on the floor you will get the same loud negative yell as you would get from him if you totaled the car. He also has to comment on everything, every news cast, baseball pitch, basketball play, you get the idea. I crave alone time, just crave it and I rarely get it so I understand completely.
    Have a wonderful evening.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are we married to the same man? Or perhaps they are twins? You described my husband perfectly. He's very loud and quite dramatic. Is it any wonder when I have the house to myself I don't turn on the TV or radio?? That peace and quiet is a craving. Thanks for the comment. :)

      Delete