Thursday, April 18, 2013

Random Thursday

I do believe I have started such an update 3 times this week only to have to abandon it due to work.  This morning, however, I am making time because I just feel like I need to get something out there. 

I'm not sure if anyone else experiences this, but if you do I would appreciate your thoughts...  My work allows us to work from home 2 days a month.  As you can imagine choosing those two days can be a challenge.  I try very hard to look at my calendar and pick a date that does not take me away from important meetings and training.  Even when I don't feel like dragging my rear into work and want to take a work from home day on the spur of the moment, I do not.  I force myself to get in to the office because I think my coworkers are depending on me to be "present".  So when I come to work only to find 1) my schedule has freed up and 2) my coworkers are not here, I get a little miffed.  And I know I shouldn't.  People are people and they are looking out for themselves.  I get that.  So why is it I cannot do the same for myself but feel such a strong sense of "duty" by coming to work?  Does anyone else feel this?  Does anyone else feel like you sacrifice way more than others?  Is this just "normal" and everyone feels this way?

I am still working on the two blankets for the very nice woman in TX.  In between I make a dishcloth or two.  Here is one I finished up last night.  Not sure why I chose black yarn, but it sure makes the other two colors stand up. 


I never tire of this pattern.  It seems to be part of me now. 

I spent the night in town Tuesday night, so my kitty seemed to relieved and happy to have me home.  Here she is looking quite exhausted.  Ah, the life of a cat...



I don't know what to say about the Boston attack, so I will just say my heart goes out to the city and to those people who were injured and the families of the ones that were killed.  The support the rest of the nation is showing is tremendous to me and gives me chills.  Why can't we live like that every day?

3 comments:

  1. I'm not working at the moment, but when I do have a job I always take it serious. I go every day and do the best that I can.

    I like the dishcloth - it's different with the black in it - looks pretty. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment. My husband says I have too much of a conscience. LOL I guess I just feel like I'm being paid to do a job and I expect everyone else feels the same way. People can disappoint...

      Have a super day!

      Delete
  2. You are so right, why can't we act like that everyday? I love the stories of people running into the chaos to help.
    Hugs to you,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete