Sunday, September 23, 2012

Two days in a row

At this point that is a record for me.  But I am making an effort these days to not only start things but finish them.  I didn't get much crocheting done yesterday and that's okay.  The hubby is off to his job for the day (only 4 more days of that and he's finished), so I didn't lolly-gag this morning.  I put a load of sheets in the wash and have the iPod up and cranked to keep the blood pumping.  Oh and there's coffee and lots of it.  I'm going to be productive today even if it kills me.  LOL

I have been seeing so many beautiful crocheted things on Pinterest lately and it sparked something I think I will try next after finishing the scarf for my friend in Wisconsin.  I have so many yarn balls of the most amazing colors and I need to use them!  I see them and I swear my heart and hands ACHE to create.  Do you ever feel that way?  Ache to be creative?  It's almost a palpable pain; like longing for someone.  I think that's how we know we are passionate - when that ache is present. 

Yesterday was quite blustery and I kept inside.  The horses didn't seem to mind the wind but I found it annoying.  This morning we woke up to very chilly temps and even frost on our steps.  The DH actually went down from a slip.  That's how we know the season has changed.  Our steps are very telling. 

My son wants to treat me to a trip to Savannah, GA in November.  Before he heads off to Afghanistan in December he is coming for a visit, so we have decided to combine trips.  I will fly to see him and spend a few days in Savannah.  He's going to give me a spa day!  We'll check out the sites for a couple of days and then we'll rent a car to drive to Ohio.  He'll fly back to Savannah after a visit with us.  I'm already looking forward to the trip! 

Well, the washer is singing so I need to get busy.  Hope you all have a wonderful Sunday!  :)

3 comments:

  1. Have a good day Red - hope you can get some crocheting worked in. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you are loving your new job, and the scarf is really beautiful your friend will love it. I bet you are looking forward to that special time with your son, enjoy every minute.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Girl!

    I haven't seen a post or gotten an email from you in a while, just wanted to check in and see how you are. Shoot me an email when you have a moment!

    ReplyDelete